Kernersville News Briefs
- A Food Truck Festival will be held this weekend at The Brewer’s Kettle to help raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and those like Annabelle Hanson who suffer from the disease.For more, see the Tuesday, July 22, 2014 edition.
- The third of this year’s Music at Twilight series, themed “Police Appreciation Evening,” will be held on Thursday, July 24 from 6 – 8 p.m. in the Town Hall Courtyard. The Deluge will be the night’s musical entertainment. For more, see the Tuesday, July 22, 2014 edition.
- Kernersville Elementary School is one of 10 schools in the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School district to pilot a new enrichment program designed to help first and second graders discover a natural love for reading. For more, see the Tuesday, July 22, 2014 edition.
- Stanley Clodfelter has most likely built his final wooden train. He’s had a blast over the years transforming scrap wood and antique fire sprinklers into one-of-a-kind trains for his home and The Depot in historic downtown Kernersville, but now he is ready for a new adventure making walking canes. For more, see the Tuesday, July 22, 2014 edition.
- Organizers are gearing up for the second annual Purple Heart Dinner organized by the Northwest Piedmont Purple Heart Foundation. It is expected that an estimated 800 Purple Heart recipients and their families will attend the August event. For more, see the Tuesday, July 22, 2014 edition.